BuddyDev

Search

Non-static method ::get_limit() should not be called statically

• Participant
    Level: Master
    JohnnyNW on #9517

When I was using BuddyPress Extended Friendship Request and trying to get the textarea box to disappear when pressing SEND button, it wouldn’t go away. The request worked, but the textbox was stuck, so to the user it look like it didn’t work. Then I uninstalled Buddypress Limit Friendship and the plugin BuddyPress Extended Friendship Request worked normally. The odd error “Non-static method ::get_limit() should not be called statically” was coming from Buddypress Limit Friendship, so that is why I uninstalled. Any suggestions to get Buddypress Limit Friendship fixed? I used define( ‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’, true ); to trace error to Limit Frienship plugin.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9522

Thank you for posting.

I am looking at it and will have an update of the Limit Friendship request plugin in next 24 hours.
    I will post an update here again.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #9535

Any updates on this fix? 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9537

Please upgrade to 1.0.4
    https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-limit-friendship/

Thank you for the patience 🙂

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #9546

I did and still doesn’t fix the issue 🙁 Keeping
    BuddyPress Limit Friendship uninstalled for now — and I am getting another error after PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in \wp-content\plugins\buddypress\bp-core\bp-core-filters.php on line 1017 Not certain if this helps, but yeah, after upgrading, still broken… same issue continues. If you get a fix for us, please let me know. Thank you.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9547

Hi,
    Are you on BuddyPress 2.8.2? Which version of php are you using? I am sorry I could not reproduce it.

All I see on line 1017 of bp-core-filters.php is a function to set mail header and trying to get user ID.

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #9548

Yes, I am using 2.8.2 using php 5.5.12. You said you updated the plugin, so I downloaded it (date stamp different, version same) = When I was using BuddyPress Extended Friendship Request and trying to get the textarea box to disappear when pressing SEND button, it won’t go away. The request worked, but the textbox was stuck (wouldn’t change into confirm box), so to the end-user it looks like it didn’t work. Then I uninstalled Buddypress Limit Friendship and BuddyPress Extended Friendship Request worked normally.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9551

Thank you.
    I have been testing the plugin alone. Will do a test with these two active and get back to you tomorrow.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #9564

Any lucky luck?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9567

Sorry, I could not test them earlier and the other developers are on leave for the week. Please allow me to check and update you today.

Thank you
    brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved