BuddyDev

Search

Not logging member in after signing up

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3377

Hi Travis,
    Can you please point me to your site? If the user is taken to his/her profile, It means he/she is being logged in and redirected. Can you please point me to the site, that will help me to assist you quickly.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Travis Martin on #3380

Hi Sir,

Please register with the “Sign Me Up” button at the top right of http://www.heavenlygifted.com. Once you register you will be taken to your account but the “Sign Me Up” and “Login” buttons still appear at the top as if the member isn’t logged in.

Please take a look and let me know what you find.

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3381

Hi Travis,
    Thank you for the details.
    I just checked and I got redirected to this page

http://heavenlygifted.com/search-members/buddytest/profile/change-avatar/

There was no login/register button(I was logged in). It seems you had some caching issue or something else.

Please try now, It should work as expected.
    If you find any issue, Please do let me know.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Travis Martin on #3382

I just tried it again on three different browsers and when I go to register I am Logged in but I am still able to see the Sign Me Up and Login buttons at the top. Are you able to see the sign me up and login buttons right after you register on the site or do you see a blank profile photo in the upper right? I deleted your account so you can try again.

Thank you so much for all your help!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3383

Hi Travis,
    Thank you.

There is some issue with either the configuration or something else. I tried two accounts and here is what I found:-

1. When I registered with a new email that I never used on the site earlier, I got logged in and redirected to this page

http://i.imgur.com/fLta1Tw.png

2. When I used my old email(the account that you had deleted), I was not logged in. Instead, I was redirected to this page

http://i.imgur.com/ZtIZuFw.png

which appears to have the login/register button.

Were you trying with new emails or already used one?

Also, I noted that when I register for the first time, I was redirected to the change avatar page(seems you have force avatar plugin enabled). I had uploaded an avatar for the account you had deleted. Next time when i register with that email and same username, I was not redirected to the change avatar page not it showed my avatar.

Are you using any caching or account specific plugins?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Travis Martin on #3385

Brajesh,

Thank you for looking into this with the same detail I am. I really appreciate it. Yes it looks like once you Register with a brand new email and username it works perfectly but for some reason when you try to re-connect an account it doesn’t take you to the section to upload your profile photo. And yes, I do have a forced profile photo upload enabled.

I checked my plugins and I couldn’t find anything that would be stopping the plugin from not working every time when someone tries to register. Do you know any code that would do the same process for the brand new member for a returning member with the same email?

Thanks!!
    Travis

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3404

Hi Travis,

I will be doing some test today for existing users and will get back to you.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Travis Martin on #3410

Thank you, I would appreciate that. I just need the member to be logged in and able to see their profile photo at the top corner of the site.

Talk to you soon!
    Blessings

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved