BuddyDev

Search

Now you can get automatic upgrades for all BuddyDev plugins

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34

Today, we have released BuddyDev Dashboard plugin that will allow automatic upgrades for all BuddyDev plugins and themes.

Please download the plugin from here
    https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddydev-dashboard/

You will find documentation on configuring it here.
    https://buddydev.com/docs/guides/account/buddydev-dashboard/installing-configuring-buddydev-dashboard/

If you find any issue, please do let me know here.

Thank you

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    HansRuedi Keller on #39

Wow, good idea. Thank you!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40

Hi Hans,
    Thank you. Hope it makes the upgrade process less time consuming 🙂

• Participant
    HansRuedi Keller on #41

OK. I’ve just installed and activated the BuddyDev Dashboard plugin on my single site installation but under settings I have no access to the config page where I would be able to enter my API key. Thanks for help!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43

Hi Hans,
    I am very sorry. I missed to check the link for standard WordPress. Please do a manual upgrade to 1.0.1 (https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddydev-dashboard/) That will fix the menu link for standard WordPress. For multisite, 1.0.0 will work fine.

While making compatible with Multisite earlier, I missed to check back with WordPress.

Sometimes, assumptions can let yop down 🙁

• Participant
    HansRuedi Keller on #44

Now with 1.0.1 I’ve got the msg “Invalid access key”…

Please change the order of API key and name on your website OR in the plugin itself, they don’t match at the moment (in one place name is first on the other key is first).

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45

Hi Hans,
    Please make sure that you have used your username and key without any spaces. I just tested with my account and it validated properly.

Will update the order on BuddyDev.com page.

• Participant
    HansRuedi Keller on #46

“Account validated successfully!”

I’ve copy/pasted the key and that’s why I’ve got spaces at the beginning of the key. Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47

Thank you for the reply Hans.
    In next update of the client plugin, I will make sure we trim the spaces to avoid such issues. Since that will be automatic upgrade, so no need to worry about.

I will make another post about the changes we are making/we have made(mostly renaming the slug/directory) That will need manual update.(There are 2-3 plugins whose slug does not match their directory name at the moment).

• Participant
    HansRuedi Keller on #48

Do I have the right understanding of the functionality of this plugin…

Only the check for new versions is automated, not the update process itself? I’m asking because of the fact that I’m using custom translations for all BuddyDev plugins.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved