BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Object cache pro question

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #44547

Hello,

Please what is your opinion about this service for large buddypress communities at https://objectcache.pro/

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #44560

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the question.

I don’t see much advantage over WP Redis or Redis Object cache plugin unless you have a large site and you are using a cloud for WP with multiple servers/proxy etc. For single server setup, these twoi have comparable features with the specified plugin.

Unless you have reached a certain number of daily active users(at least couple of thousands), I don’t see caching becoming any bottleneck. almost, all of the caching solution will work fine.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #44565

Ok thanks

Which is better for buddypress single server or multiple servers. Ive heard its better to have 2 servers 1 for database and one for files. Whats your opinion

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #44589

Hi Tosin,
    Here is my suggestion from experiences with some of our clients. As a community creator, initially you should not worry about cloud infrastructure and should be spending more time in growing your community.

You can keep vertically scaling your servers for the initial time period(storage, memory, cpu etc). When that starts becoming a bottleneck or you feel you have enough number of users to merit further scaling, you will have better results with horizontal scaling.

Of course, I will suggest to offload the media(if you are using videos/photos etc) irrespective of the current state of your community growth.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved