BuddyDev

Search

Order Code Get’s Erased Somehow Sporadically

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Casper on #50849

Hi, hope all is well! Just a quick question, so a few months ago you gave me this code to reorder or rather keep the order of member types (rather than ordering them alphabetically): https://gist.github.com/sbrajesh/3026e51bd9ee09a547c7bbe53c2f5925

So the code is great and works perfectly. However, for some reason the code sporadically gets erased. This has happened a few times over the last few months, but I never mentioned it to you because it’s not a huge deal, as soon as I notice it I simply repaste the code back in and it works. No big deal. It hasn’t happened in a month or two, but then I just noticed it once again tonight, so it got me curious what might be happening here? I’m using SiteGround and Kleo/KleoChild, so to enter the code I go functions.php in kleo child and enter it all the way at the bottom. That always works, but it’s just these sporadic incidents where the code get’s erased.

Do you have any idea what might be going on here and if anything can be done to keep the code in there permanently? Any insight/further information into this will be greatly appreciated as always. Thank you!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50866

Hi Casper,
    Thank you for the question.

Is there any chance you are updating your child theme too? That seems the only reason for loss of code from functions.php of the child theme.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved