BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Other way to change/translate profile field name and description

• Participant
    Level: Master
    evillizard on #24875

Hello,

Pls is there another way i can change/translate profile-field names and descriptions like this : ” https://postimg.cc/HVs2wxGc

Other than going thru the “EDIT-GROUND” wch is through this way: ” https://postimg.cc/Yh5vpnxr

The reason is because my host would not allow me to increase max_input_vars. …. And that particular field has over 2000 drop down select options

If i try editing it… It would give: “the link you followed has expired” error and there would be no changes made

Pls tell me another way i can edit it…maybe a filter i can add to functions.php that would change it

I want to change the field name from “Neighborhood (L.G.A)” to “where are you based?”

And the description to: “please select the area you are currently based in to meet other members in your area”

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24881

Hi,
    Do you have access to PhpMyAdmin? If yes, It can be easily done. Please let me know if you have access.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    evillizard on #24887

Yea i do.. Please tell me how

So there is no php code i cld use to change it??

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24901

Please open PhpMyAdmin and search for “bp_xprofile_fields”. There will be a table name similar to it(with some prefix).

You can edit the description there.

I did not advise code solution as it is a one time thing.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    evillizard on #24911

Ok boss,

What if i want to edit the dropdown options can i still do it through myPHPadmin?

• Participant
    evillizard on #24913

Thank you boss i have figured it out

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24929

You are welcome.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Other way to change/translate profile field name and description’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved