BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Password Protect Page not working

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jay Anderson on #30330

Hello Brajesh,

Sorry to start so many support threads. You are just to good at helping out. Which I really do appreciate it.

I’m not sure if this is the appropriate place or if it falls under your support guidelines, but I’m having an issue on a site I have for a client with the WordPress Password Protect function.

The site is Solunawellnesscentre.com and the 2 pages that are password protected are Solunawellnesscentre.com/visualizations and Solunawellnesscentre.com/whiteboard.

I’ve added the same password to both pages, but when I try to access the pages it just refreshes and asks for the password again.

I do get it working once in awhile when I am logged into the site, but it will not work when logged out.

I have tried to change the password.
    I have cleared the cache on the browsers.
    I have tried multiple browser.
    I have tried clearing the caching on the website (Litespeed Caching plugin)
    I have tried creating new pages but have the same result.

I’ve done the disable all plugins and used the Twenty-twenty theme and still get the same results.

I’ve been trying to find something on other Forums, WordPress.org, etc. but haven’t found a solution. I have a support ticket in with Elegant Themes but haven’t heard back as of yet.

I realize this is not any of your plugins or theme, which are awesome, but I thought if you had any ideas that would be great.

Thanks again for all the support you have given me and I really appreciate everything you do.

Jay

• Participant
    Jay Anderson on #30331
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Jay Anderson on #30332

Hi Brajesh,

I think I have it working now. Not sure exactly how but here’s what I did just in the event someone else runs into this situation.

1. I added the plugin Real Simple SSl and then activated it. Problem was that it didn’t show the password field and it went right to the protected content on the page.

2. I then deactivated the plugin and it went back to showing the password field. I then tried the password and it worked. I then cleared the cache on all the web browsers and tried it on them. It all seems to be working.

So I think the simple mention of the name Brajesh made the Tech Gods fix the issue. LOL

Thanks again for all the support you give the whole community. I’m sure I am not the only one who appreciates all you do.

Regards,

Jay

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30351

Hi Jay,
    Thank you for the topic and sharing the reasons/solutions. I am glad it is resolved.

I sincerely appreciate the kind words. I am glad I had the opportunity to assist you earlier and I look forward to assist you further.

Best regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Password Protect Page not working’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved