BuddyDev

Search

PHP upgrade

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    David Blanchard on #46602

Hi,
    With PHP 7.4 going end of life on the 28th November I just wanted to confirm that your plugins are all compatible with PHP 8.0 prior to me upgrading our site.
    Thanks,
    David.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46605

Hi David,
    Thank you for bringing it.

We are in the process of testing our plugins with PHP 8.1. we will have a blog post about the same by end of this month.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David Blanchard on #46609

Hi,

I’m only upgrading to 8.0 initially, will they be compatible with 8.0 or are you skipping 8.0 and going straight to 8.1?

Thanks,
    David.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46610

Hi David,
    Thank you for the reply.
    The plugins will be compatible with 8.0, 8.1 both.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David Blanchard on #47021

Any update on this please? I haven’t seen a blog post about the PHP upgrade yet.
    Thanks, David.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47022

Hi David,
    I am sorry for not publishing.
    We have tested some of the plugins with PHP 8.1 but there are many remaining. The problem we are facing is neither WordPress(including 6.1 RC1) nor BuddyPress/BuddyBoss is compatible with 8.1 and it is very difficult to use any automated tools due to notices being thrown by them.

since we have to do manual testing, It will need some more time. Since the EOL for PHP is November 28, we will push the list by 10th Nov.

We haven’t found any issue with the plugins we have tested but there are many to be tested yet.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved