BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] PHP warning when activating plugin BuddyPress Profile Data Control

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #53211

Hi Alex,
    Thank you for your assistance with the detailed screenshots and steps to reproduce. I am glad you have found a custom solution too.

This plugin only stores ‘_bppc_available_roles’ for the fields and nothing else.

In case the restriction is applied on full name field, this plugin filters activity as well as activity display name of the user/comment. I am still not sure why that will cause activity as null.

I will be writing back to you with a lot more details and clarification on Monday about it.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #53225

Hi Alex,
    Thank you.

I sincerely appreciate your patience and help.

yes, there was a bug in the plugin which caused it. If there were restrictions on name field, we were using bp_get_activity_user_id() while checking if name is displayable or not. At the time it was used, BuddyPress activity template was not initialized(we were using it to filter activity before it was used with the template).

I have fixed it by using the user id directly on the activity object. If you activate this plugin(In case you needed it in future), There won’t be any notice.

Thank you for your help in troubleshooting it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Alex on #53266

Glad that you were able to fix it! Maybe I need it in the future again. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved