BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] PHP7

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Mark Constable on #2096

Hi, just wondering if anyone has MediaPress running under nginx, WP 4.5 and PHP7?

I’m not seeing images appear in activities, or elsewhere, but I have never used this plugin before so I’m not 100% sure what to expect. I also notice a few errors nginx errors…

mediapress/templates/mediapress/default/assets/images/-thumbnail.png” failed (2: No such file or directory

which leads me to think there might be some variables not set right. This was a PHP warning…

PHP Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/u/goldcoast.org/var/www/wp-content/plugins/mediapress/admin/class-mpp-admin-post-helper.php on line 426

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2102

Hi Mark,
    Welcome to BuddyDev and thank you for using MediaPress. My apologies for the delayed reply.

We haven’t tested it yet with PHP 7. The above error may be related to the way php 7 handles variable variable.

But before that, Can you please check from Dashboard->MediaPress and see if the gallery showing the error is assigned a type. It can be caused by a gallery having no type assigned.

Also, Did you configure the MediaPress settings before? Just trying to gauge an Idea. I will be installing and checking on PHP 7 this weekend. The plugin works great with nginx on php 5.5.9 (The demo server is running with the same configuration). So, I am not sure if nginx will be an issue here.

Can you please try the above suggestion and let me know what you see there?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mark Constable on #2113

Thanks for your feedback. I have not used any WP gallery plugin before so I’m not sure what to expect but I have turned on (yes’ified) and selected every option until I understand how the plugin works and then will disable what I do not need later. Sitewide, Members and Group galleries have all types selected if that is what you mean?

BTW this link gives a 404 and I got that Warning in my first post again just now…

https://buddydev.com/mediapress/docs/shortcodes/mpp-show-gallery-shortcode

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2115

Hi Mark,
    Thank you for the reply.
    If you have enabled everything then it is most probably a PHP 7 conflict. Instead of weekend, I will give it a try tomorrow as I want it to be fixed asap.

In the mean time, if you see any error log, please do post me. That will save me a lot of time.

I am sorry about the broken link, The current gallery shortcode is available from here
    https://buddydev.com/mediapress/topics/getting-started/shortcodes/mediapress-gallery-listing-shortcodes/

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mark Constable on #2118

The warning I am seeing is to do with “$gallery->type = $type;” which, after your comment about the type needing to be set, could be a PHP7 problem and worth looking into. I’ll continue any investigation via the Github issue tracker. Thanks for your help and glad I could contribute a small pull request for the above link error.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2129

Thank you Mark.
    I appreciate you contribution. Every bit of help is important for us 🙂

About the issue:- Can you please do this and test if it works.
    1. Login to the dashboard
    2. Visit MediaPress->Add Photo Gallery and try uploading

Does that work or still has same issue?

• Participant
    Mark Constable on #2132

Glad to help. I’m getting an “Invalid action.” error when I uploaded 2 images. They appear as thumbnails and in wp-content/uploads/mediapress/sitewide/1/74/*.jpg with permissions that look okay (otherwise they would be there). I can’t attach an image to this message so I created an issue…

https://github.com/buddydev/mediapress/issues/31

BTW if you email markc@renta.net with your private email address I can send you the admin login and password details if that would make it easier to debug.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2134

Hi Mark,
    Thank you for all the details.

I just had a look at that message and it is related to not setting the type too. So It is all coming down to the same thing.

PS: Left you a mail few seconds ago and hoping to get this issue resolved soon.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2247

Hi Mark,
    I hope you are doing well. I am marking it as resolved since we fixed it a week ago in the commit
    https://github.com/buddydev/mediapress/commit/2f84811d0e43878e95cabaf6113d5334e00aa6aa

Please reopen a new topic if you face any issue.

Thank you
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] PHP7’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved