BuddyDev

Search

Pictures posted in Activity to automatically Upload to Group Gallery

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    acco on #4795

Hi Brajesh

I am working on a site that has multiple groups .Each group allows a user to post with pictures . When a user submits a post with the picture, I can see it under the Activity Page , but the pictures do not show up in Gallery for the group or in Media for the overall site.

Can you please
    1) Does this feature exist in Media press
    2) If so , how do I get it to work

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4796

Hi,
    Thank you for asking.

Currently, if you post from the Group’s activity page, The Media will be available in the Groups wall galleries.

If you try to post from sitewide activity page(by selecting group from the dropdown). The media appears in the activity but goes to user’s wall.

Is that happening on your installation?

PS: Please do not use Test in username, It does not look good. I will appreciate if you can atleast update your display name.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4811

Hi,
    Just updating. With MediaPress 1.0.6, Any new media posted in activity when group is selected with go to group wall.

It will work out of the box now. Please give it a try.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    acco on #4813

Hi brajesh

I got the new version 1.0.6. I went to my group page and uploaded the image. I see the image as a group post on the group page but not in the gallery within the group page.

Also what is a wall gallery. IS it automatically created. I ask because when i click on gallery ( again within the group page) , it says there is no gallery and the option is to create a gallery ( which i assume is like a folder)… It is all a bit confusing..

Can you please advise what are the steps and how can i see my posts image in the gallery folder.

– Todd

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4816

Hi Todd,
    Thank you for the reply.

I am a little bit confused now. I will explain how the MediaPress Works.

1. MediaPress organizes Media(photo, video etc) to Galleries( consider it like folder)
    2. When you upload something from activity, It goes to wall Gallery. It can either go to your profile wall gallery or group wall gallery depending on the activity is a normal update or group update.

3. Yes, They are automatically crated. Please make sure you have your settings updated by visiting Dashboard->MediaPress->Settings

4. I am not sure what do you mean y gallery within a group page, can you please help me understand that?

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved