BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Plugin Compatibility Issue

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Scott Weber on #39872

Hi

I have purchased the ‘BuddyPress Anonymous Activity’ plugin by going through it’s features and it is working fine as expected but I am using ‘BuddyPress Activity ShortCode’ to show activity on our site but ‘post as anonymous’ option is not there in the comment section, so can you please look at it and provide a solution for it.

https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-activity-shortcode/

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39889

Hi Scott,
    Thank you for using both of our plugins.

I am sorry, the posting for activity shortcode is experimental and we unable to support the anonymous option in its current state.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Scott Weber on #39894

Hi,

Okay got it should we expect this feature in near future, if no then please do let me know what other method we can follow through which ‘post as anonymous feature available in activity listing.

FYI we have used the activity shortcode on page to show activity listing on custom page.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39928

Hi Scott,
    I am sorry, I do not see any way to have it without custom modifications. Our team is checking and I will reporting within next 2 days if there is an easy way around to hook into the activity shortcode.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Scott Weber on #39940

Okay Thanks for looking into the issue, hope your team comes up with some solution on it.

• Participant
    Scott Weber on #39972

Hi,

Is there any update on the above issue still waiting for your reply.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39982

Hi Scott,
    Sorry for the delay.
    we have a team member looking into it. He will be back on Monday and will report here.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #39985

Hello Scott,

Please try the following code it will let you post anonymous activity through plugin shortcode. But it will only work with the BuddyPress Legacy template.

add_action( 'bp_template_redirect', function () {

// Replace id with your shortcode page id.
    	if ( is_page( 110 ) ) {
    		add_filter( 'bp_anonymous_is_valid_screen', '__return_true' );
    	}
    } );

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Scott Weber on #39990

Hi,

Thanks for the reply I have applied the code in functions.php and it is working fine as expected but when I am clicking on the ‘Load More’ button created by the activity shortcode plugin the ajax loaded entries will not showing ‘Post as Anonymous option, can you please check it.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #40001

Hello Scott,

Thank you for the acknowledgment. Please replace the old code with the following code:

/**
     * Apply filters
     */
    function buddydev_apply_anonymous_activity_filter() {
    	add_filter( 'bp_anonymous_is_valid_screen', '__return_true' );
    }

add_action( 'bp_activity_stream_shortcode_before_generate_content', 'buddydev_apply_anonymous_activity_filter' );
    add_action( 'wp_ajax_bpas_load_activities', 'buddydev_apply_anonymous_activity_filter', 9 );

Give it a shot.

Regards
    Ravi

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved