BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Plugin Facebook Like User Activity Stream makes no difference for me

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Thorsten Wollenhöfer on #18430

Hi,

Tested the Facebook Like User Activity Stream plugin but it seems it makes no different to my site. If I understood the plugin right, my personal stream shows an activity if a friend of mine publishs anything in his stream for example. I do not have to visit his steam because I can see it in my stream because I’m connected with him, right?

But this does not work 🙁

Best regards,
    Thorsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18431

Hi Thorsten,
    Thank you for posting.

Have you updated the plugin settings from Dashboard->Settings->FB Like Activity settings? Please enable where you want the change to apply.

It can add a tab to your profile(Your Stream tab under activity) that shows your/friends/groups activity or you can enable the same on directory.

Please let me know if you have already tried that or if changing the settings works for you or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Thorsten Wollenhöfer on #18439

Hi Brajesh,

Yes I did, checked both checkboxes and renamed the slug and the tab and saved after this the permalink structure and deleted the cache. But only on sitewide activity I can see what happened to my friends but cannot see any different on my personal activity with or without your plugin.

This is why I was asking you.

Best regards,
    Thorsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18442

Hi Thorsten.
    Thank you for the details.

Is it adding the tab “Your Stream” under your profile or not? Are you using any tab reordering plugin?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Thorsten Wollenhöfer on #18454
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Thorsten Wollenhöfer on #18455
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18456

Hi Thorsten,
    Thank you for testing and the details.

It seems tome that rtMedia is filtering activity query to implement the custom privacy they allow and it is causing the problem.

There is no issue with rtMedia’s normal use. The problem arises from activity privacy they implement.

I am sorry but I don’t think there is an easy option as the activity privacy is a non standard feature and not implemented in any standard way.

For now, My suggestion will be to avoid the Facebook Like Activity Stream.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Thorsten Wollenhöfer on #18458

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you very much for support and reviewing the issue. I appreciate this.

But your idea is still great!

Best regards,
    Thorsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18460

Thank you Thorsten.

I will certainly explore the possibilities of making these two work together. Since it will take some some time before I can look at this, that’s why my current suggestion. It is not final and I hope we can make it work together in future.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved