BuddyDev

Search

Plugin idea – BP Featured Members and Groups

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Venutius on #6180

This plugin will allow the site admin to highlight groups or individuals that they want to draw attention to for anyone looking at the Members or Groups Page.

The Plugin will add a “Featured” checkbox to the user and group information, when looking at the user profile or the group management screen, only the site admin can change this setting.

When there are one or more featured groups or users, then;

1. In the members page, a list of featured members is displayed, with the heading “Featured Members” which can also be changed by Admin.

2. In the Groups page, a list of featured groups is displayed with the heading “Featured Groups”, which can be changed by admin.

Ideally there would be a simple interface whereby site admin could edit the various details and select the featured members and groups. Showing these in list view with the ability to show the current featured items at the top of the list, and with a search facility, for members maybe this could be incorporated into the Dashboard>>Users page and for the groups it could be incorporated into the Dashboard>>Groups page.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6182

Hi George,
    Thank you for another wonderful idea. It is simple but I can see how it may be beneficial of multiple type of communities.

@ravisharma
    has half finished it already, but due to Diwali holidays, he is off from the work and will be back on Wed/Thu days. Asap he comes, we will have a formal update for these 2 plugins.

PS: We have planned to use button instead of checkbox on the front end.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Venutius on #6205

That’s great Brajesh, glad you found my idea useful. Happy Divali to you.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6221

Thank you George.
    We are continuing with this plugin again today. Should be available by Saturday.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Venutius on #6408

How’s this going? Can’t wait them out!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6410

Hi George,
    My apologies. Ravi did complete it some time back. I don’t remember but it is most probably hosted on bitbucket. I will grab a copy and push on github today a little late and link you.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved