BuddyDev

Search

Plugin Issue: BuddyPress Message Privacy(BuddyDev)

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Dandy Jefferson on #6462

Hi,

Thanks for developing such fantastic plugin and kind helps!

I just found an issue about the plugin: BuddyPress Message Privacy(BuddyDev). The version is 1.0.7. Seems like if I activated this plugin, even friendship established, it still can’t send private messages successfully. It always shows “Message can not send. Please enter the recipient”. Actually I already typed in the username of recipient.

The code snippet I used to change the default settings to “Friends Only” is:

add_filter( ‘bpdmp_default_settings’, ‘buddydev_set_message_privacy_default’);
    function buddydev_set_message_privacy_default( $settings ) {

$settings[‘privacy_type’] =’friends_only’;

return $settings;
    }

The WordPress version I’m using is WP v4.6.1, BuddyPress v2.7.2.

Could you check this issue for me please?

Thank you very much.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6466

Hi Dandy,
    Thank you for posting. I am looking at it right now. Will update you soon.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6469

Hi Dandy,
    Please upgrade to 1.0.8(It was updated a few months ago) and then let me know if it causing any issue. I tested with BuddyPress 2.7.2, BuddyPress Message Privacy 1.0.8 and WP 4.6.1 and with the above code in my bp-custom.php, It is working as expected.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Dandy Jefferson on #6470

Hi, Brajesh

Thanks a lot for checking that for me. My apologies that I didn’t check the latest version of the plugin. I will upgrade to that version and try again.

Thanks again.

• Participant
    Dandy Jefferson on #6477

Hi, Brajesh

I tried the latest version of plugin (v1.0.8). Unfortunately, it still doesn’t work and shows the error message like below:

http://imgur.com/xl64v8D

Could you check it again for me? Or I can send you the link of my website whenever you’re available?

Thank you very much.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6478

Hi Dandy,
    That is very strange as the message is from BuddyPress and not by the Message privacy. message Privacy shows the message like

The Message to following recipients could not be sent: name, etc.. Their privacy option does not allow it.

Are you using the username in message compose box? Yes, Please send me a link and a demo user.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Dandy Jefferson on #6479
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6480

Thank you.
    I see that you have spaces allowed in username. It may be one of the reasons.

Can you please disable Message Privacy and post here. We haven’t tested message privacy with username compatibility, so need to know that.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Dandy Jefferson on #6481

No problem.

Yeah, maybe it’s one of the reasons. I already disabled Message Privacy plugin.

Let me know if anything else you need me to do.

Thank you very much.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6482

Thank you. Just tested again. Yes, the issue is when you have the plugin enabled. Most probably it is due to the username compatibility.

Please allow me a few hours to look at it and I will report back.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved