BuddyDev

Search

Plugin or Add-On? MediaPress – Paid Memberships Pro Restrictions, Custom Work

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Brandon on #35121

Hello,

I have a BuddyBoss-based site and am looking to limit the storage space of users photos, albums, and document uploads, specifically in their profiles (but not in their timeline or groups). The PMP restrictions plugin looks perfect for this use case, but I am wondering if it’s an add-on of the MediaPress plugin and requires that to be installed as well. I reviewed MediaPress and I do not think it is necessary otherwise for my case. I want the storage limits to specifically apply to the default photo, album, and document features included with their social profiles.

As a side note, I also need work done on the BuddyBoss User Blogs plugin which hasn’t been updated in some time and has some limitations as such. My first priority for the BuddyBoss Users Blogs plugin is to have the images uploaded in user blog posts to appear in an album in the author’s social profile. Right now it is uploaded to the main WP media folder, and even worse, images removed from the user blog posts are not deleted from the main WP folder. I want them to be sent to an album in the author’s social profile so that they can manage their images on the front end much like admins manage the WP media folder in the back end.

Thanks,
    Brandon

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35126

Hi Brandon,
    Thank you for the questions.

1. The Storage Restrictions plugin won’t work with BuddyBoss, It is for MediaPress & BuddyPress. If you need it to be cusotm developed for BuddyBoss, Please use our BuddyPress plugin development service.
    https://buddydev.com/buddypress-custom-plugin-development-service/

2. For any custom services, Please use our services page to get in touch.
    https://buddydev.com/services/

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Brandon on #35284

Sorry that was two unrelated questions in one post. BuddyBoss is supposed to be backwards compatible with all BuddyPress-based plugins but I was afraid that the Storage Restrictions plugin only worked with MediaPress… Props to you though, it’s a great idea for membership sites with uploading capabilities!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Brandon.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35300

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for the reply.

1. BuddyBoss is not backward compatible to all BuddyPress plugin. They are compatible with some and not with many. I do hope that they will work on backward compatibility in future.

Let us hope for the best. They have a media component and there is a chance that we might have something for it if the time permits.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved