When BuddyBoss creates an email for Group Messages, it inserts a REPLY button into the email. If the email is sent to ALL Group Members, then ALL replies go to ALL members. If the email is sent as separate PRIVATE MESSAGES, then the reply goes to the Sender ONLY.
I would love the ability to have either two REPLY buttons inserted into the email, or allow the person sending the group message to choose whether to allow replies to ALL or just to the SENDER. In the second option, only the appropriate button would be inserted. This gives the Group Message sender control over how replies are managed.
* REPLY TO ALL: Sends the reply to EVERYONE in the group
* REPLY TO SENDER: Sends the reply to the person who initiated the message
It would also allow ALL Members to send group messages if the Group Admin allows it, instead of restricting the feature to just the Group Admin.
Is this possible?
To avoid this issue right now, I must train every Group Admin to:
* Select the Group Messages are sent by Group Admins ONLY option in the Group Settings
* Send all Group Messages using the Private Message, send separately option
These options are prone to error. As my site grows, it gets harder to manage the training and I have accidentally sent group messages to the entire group myself. (Members were not happy)
There are also issues with friendships when sending the group message using Private Message option.
* The Group Admin must be friends with everyone in the group if they want to send to everyone
* The Group Admin and/or the Members may not want to be friends
* It defeats the “FRIENDS ONLY” privacy setting, which allows only friends to see your content
I hope that I worded this in a way that makes sense. There is a great need, I think, to control how group messages are sent and replied to.
Thank you for reading and considering this suggestion.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.