BuddyDev

Search

Plugin that moderates group creation

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Steven May on #30613

Is there a plug-in in your portfolio that allows for new groups to only be created after an admin approves them?

Basically I want to moderate creation of new groups, by only an admin.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30614

Hi Steven,
    We don’t have any for this purpose but I think it is a good use case. We can either update moderation tools to accommodate it to create a small plugin for this.

The problem with Group creation in BuddyPress is it is a multi step process and even if the user leaves after first step, the group still gets created.

My question to you:-

1. When do we put the group for approval
    2. When we mark the group needing approval, can the group creator see the group? If yes, what functionality, they can perform(avatar upload, invite, cover, posting to feed etc).

Please let me know and I will like to explore it.

PS:- If you want to restrict group creation and only allow admins to do it. It is very easy, we do have limit groups per user that allows it.
    https://buddydev.com/plugins/limit-groups-per-user/

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Steven May on #30622

Thank you for your reply, we definitely want all logged in members to be able to create groups.

And we definitely want creation of any new group to be moderated before it goes live so that an admin would have to approve the group.

The admin does not have to moderate the group after it’s been created but we don’t want people just creating dozens and dozens of groups without getting some type of approval process by an admin.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30631

Hi Steven,
    Thank you.

Please help me understand the required workflow(what the creator sees and can do before approval).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Steven May on #30705

Ideally the workflow would be like this;

Any member allowed to would come to the create a group page.

Then they will work their self through the five steps.

The entire time buddypress would hold the group in a pending status.

And upon submission the admin for the site will receive a notification to login and approve the group.

If the group is approved the pending group would automatically completed set up and the member who created the group would receive a notification.

If the group is declined by the admin the submitting member would receive an email stating that the group was declined/denied.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30762

Hi Steven,
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

We are exploring it and will let you in 4-6 weeks.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘Plugin that moderates group creation’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved