BuddyDev

Search

Plugin to attach files to forum posts?

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Mike (DesignServe) on #24701

Hi Brajesh,

What options do I have for my members to be able to attach files to forum posts? I see the GD plugins do you know if they are any good? I’ll probably add Mediapress in the near future but that does different things than attaching to posts, right? Really I would like for my members to be able to attach and embed audio files in their forum posts if you have an idea.

Thanks,
    Mike

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24710

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for the question.

Currently, the GD plugin seems the most used for this purpose. I personally think it is a good plugin.

At the moment, MediaPress lacks support for bbPress/ We are planning next cycle of development from 5th september for MediaPress and this is one of the features coming to MediaPress as well.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Mike (DesignServe) on #24775

I implemented the GD plugin free version for attachments. It is good and it does what I need for now but I hope to find one that will let members post music (mp3 etc) which will automatically have a player. Because my sites are all about music.

I wanted to consider the paid-for version but the payment is per domain and I have a multisite with several domains, so the cost is unfortunately prohibitive. For a mutisite with subdomains, not so bad.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24777

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for sharing.

I am not sure why people provide site based license for plugins. I do understand that we can limit the support, and encourage members to purchase for clients.

But providing a per site license for GPL products does not make sense to me.

I glad that the free version provides the basic needed functionality and resolves it for you.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved