BuddyDev

Search

Plugins/Codes To Improve Community Usability/Experience

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Erich199 on #1426

Hello community friends!

I’m re-building my gaming community and so far I have a very nice theme and custom buddypress theme going.

I’d like to know from some of you about which plugins/codes you use to help improve your community member experience/site usability.

Do you use a content access plugin to restrict bbpress forums/pages? Which one?

Thanks for the feedback, looking forward to hearing from you all.

• Participant
    Erich199 on #1427

Oh, which bbpress plugins/codes do you use to help improve the forums?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1439

Hi Joshua,
    I personally have used only 4 bbPress plugins till date.

1. Search BBPress 2.0 by Stephen Carrol:- Must if you need fully functional bbpress frum search

2. GetShopped Support forums:- Slightly modified version of it. Using to give users point and rank for the bbpress posts. Also It allows us various topic status like resolved etc.

3. bbPress Notify Admin:- Our very own plugin to get notifications whenever there is a new reply/new topic on the forum. It is very helpful if you are running support forums.

4. bbPress backtick:- Again our own implementation to allow using backticks for posting code in bbPress forums. There is an alternative available as bbp backtick.

That’s all I use. The first one is a must have for enhancing experience and the second helps you to have more engagement for the user.

Hope that helps.

• Participant
    Erich199 on #1440

Brajesh,

I came from MyBB, which is an in depth forum. One thing I see lacking in BBpress are forum prefixes and to my surprise, no one has made a plugin for BBpress that allows admins to make forum prefix’s.

The Getshopped support forums, does it have the ability to add forum prefixes? I noticed in the wordpress plugins that there is a notice it hasn’t been updated in two years (also the Search BBpress 2.0 plugin). Is this the correct area to get them?

Thanks for the detailed reply.

• Participant
    Erich199 on #1442

I saw your plugin that allows group admins to change the background image. Do you have a plugin that allows a group header image?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1443

Hi,
    Try Bp profile cover image plugin. They have used our code and modified it to set covers.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-cover-photo/

Also, this is coming as part of BuddyPress 2.4

Hope that helps

• Participant
    Erich199 on #1444

Thanks for the response Brajesh,

I did give the cover photo plugin a shot. But for some reason , it’s not showing the photo on the group pages.

I’m thinking this might be a theme issue, and I’m not sure where to start with it. I’ll start digging around in the template files to see if it’s missing something.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved