BuddyDev

Search

Possible bug exposed via BP Member Types Pro & BP Registrations Options plugin

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22580

Hi Sam,
    I have tested the above code with BuddyPress Member Types Pro and BuddyPress Registration options plugin

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-registration-options/

It is working perfectly and not holding the specified member type for moderation.

Please check it one more time.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Sam Morris on #22595

Brajesh – You are right! It does work (on your end, and with your snippet – Michael’s snippet does not). I’m not sure what I did wrong yesterday, but regardless, thank you, and it works.

The BP Registration plugin is actually having issues where it’s properly suppressing the approvals process to the user, but still requiring approval on the backend. I’ll reach out the the author.

And lastly, one small observation about your recent update to BuddyPress Member Types Pro. When a user forgets to fill in a conditionally displayed required field (based on member type), the screen isn’t highlighting where the error is (message and/or box highlight) like it does for the regular BP fields. Not the end of the world, but on forms with a bunch of fields, it can be difficult to locate the missing required field.

Thank you so much for your help, and I’m still making my notes on Approvals (I haven’t forgotten).

Thanks,
    Sam

• Participant
    Sam Morris on #22596

Oh yeah, almost forgot…would you mind if I posted your snippet on his support page?

Thanks,
    Sam

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22597

Hi Sam,
    Thank you.

I am glad it worked.

Please feel free to post the same on the wporg forum.

I will test the required field issue on fields one more time. Yes, it should give the proper warning.

I will be posting another release in next few days and include it as a fix.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Sam Morris on #22606

FYI, Brajesh. It’s my post to WordPress support (BuddyPress Registration Options):

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/2-member-typed-different-registration-permission/page/2/#post-11467697

Regards,
    Sam

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved