BuddyDev

Search

Possible to ad profile header content to BP tabs menu?

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #25800

Hi there, is it possible to ad the private message button from the header to the BP tabs menu by using tabs creator pro?

Regards
    Carsten

• Participant
    calu on #25802

I can ad the message tab to the menu by using the slug ‘messages-compose’ but which Tab Link should I use, every link I try logs me out?

Will the BP Rate Limit Private Message option ‘Hide Private Message Button when limit is reached.’ work in the tabs as well?

• Participant
    calu on #25804

I also would like to ad a Report and Block button (from the ‘Block, Suspend, Report for BuddyPress plugin), moved away from the header, to the BP tabs menu, but I don’t know the slug or the link to use. Unfortunately, the developer of this plugin hasn’t been able to help me with that.

Regards
    Carsten

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by calu.
  • Participant
    calu on #25810

Hi, I can see this is an impossible task, since the Send message, Block and Report buttons in any case will be visible on own profile as well.

Adding a negative Tab Visibility value like ‘Except Profile Owner’ could solve this?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25818

Hi Carsten,
    The problem is nature of link. If a link is adding nonce, you won’t be able to use that with profile tabs pro. Nonces expire after certain time and link will be rendered useless.

It is still possible for us to introduce dynamic shortcut for certain known links(say private message, add friends) which you can use.

I will add some shortcuts for these 2 in our next release.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved