BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Posting photo to group's activity feed

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Carolynn on #20431

Playing around with MediaPress and Buddypress I noticed that I can post a single photo to my sitewide activity feed and user feed without a problem, but not in a group.

Posting only a photo in a group will pop up the red exclamation point without text that would habitually only come out if I try to post an empty post saying “Please enter some content to post”.

In addition to this, if I post text in addition to the image, the group image inserts itself in the html of the username link, between the <a and href=, breaking the code of that post.

There are no error logs on the server.

– BuddyPress 4.1.0
    – MediaPress 1.4.3
    – Tested with custom themes and default themes
    – Tested with both multisite and single site
    – Tested on a new install with no other plugins

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #20433

Hello Carolynn,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I have tested this on my local server and it is working fine I am able to post an image without text in a group activity page.

Is layout still breaks in default theme with no other plugin active except BuddyPress and MediaPress?. Please let me know.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Carolynn on #20434

Hello, Yes I have tested on TwentySixteen, TwentySeventeen and TwentyNineteen with not other plugin then Buddypress and MediaPress. The error still happens.
    Here is a link to some screencaps : https://www.carobell.net/mediapress-buddypress-group-error/

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Carolynn.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20436

Hi Carolynn,
    Welcome to BuddyDev and thank you for opening the topic here. I sincerely appreciate it.

Can you please use the private reply on the forum here and share me your site and a guest account(normal subscriber user, no privilege required).

I need to check and see. It is most probably some minor conflict and I should be able to find it quickly.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Carolynn on #20437
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20440

Thank you.
    I see it now.

It is an issue related to Nouveau.

1. Nouveau is escaping the action string leading to the strange text you are seeing
    2. When you post without content, it seems the response is not handled.

It am marking t as a bug in MediaPress with BP Nouveau template pack. Please allow me next 48 hours to publish an update.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20730

Hi Carolynn,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply.
    We released an update last week(1.4.4) which fixed it.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved