BuddyDev

Search

Preventing Email Notification For Activity Comments Until Comment Is Approved

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Casper on #50655

Hi, hope all is well. Just a quick question.. I’m using BuddyPress Moderation Tools, and when a user leaves a comment on an Activity post, the comment as it would be displayed on the website goes under moderation pending admin approval, which is great. However, the person who’s post is being commented on (the original poster) is getting an email notification of not only the fact that someone left a comment, but the actual content of the comment as well, both of which are not good until after the comment has been approved (in case the content is unacceptable). Is there anyway to prevent the original poster from getting an email notification pertaining to the comment, until after the comment is approved by me/the admin? Please let me know if there are any options available to make this happen. Thank you!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50663

Hi Casper,
    Thank you for reporting the issue.

We had disabled the default BuddyPress notifications for comment. If it is still going on with actual comment, this is a bug and we are going to look into it.

Can you please confirm that you are not using any external plugins for handling notifications/emails etc(If you are, Please share the name to allow us look into it).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Casper on #50698
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50708

Hi Casper,
    Our team is looking into it and we will have an update to resolve it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Casper on #50716
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50721

Thank you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved