BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Primary menu items not appearing on any pages other than Buddypress pages

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Sam Morris on #21261

Hi Brajesh – I have added a custom Profile Tab via your wonderful plugin, and it works really great, but I’m having trouble showing a link for it in the primary menu (after adding it, of course). It magically appears when on a Buddypress page, but on any other page (like the home page), nothing. I’m assuming that I’m missing something simple, yet I can’t figure it out. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Sam

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21270

Hi Sam,
    Thank you for the kind words and using the plugin.

We are adding the tab for displayed user(to check for the availability/visibility of the menu item) when on a user profile and that might be the reason. Are you using the BuddyPress menu functionality in Appearance->menu screen or is it something else.

Please help me understand and I will update it.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Sam Morris on #21273

Hi Brajesh – Yes, I’m using the BuddyPress menu functionality in Appearance->menu screen. The item created by your plugin appears in the Buddypress logged-in section, and that is where i added it from. And here’s more info…so far I have only logged in as 2 different user types (as a super admin and subscriber; though both were members of the same Paid Memberships Pro membership in case that matters, but i don’t think so). This issue is only occurring for the subscriber, and not the super admin. Does this help, or should I set up test log-ins for you?

Thanks,
    Sam

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21280

Hi Sam,
    Thank you.

That is enough detail. I appreciate you explaining in such a detail. Please allow me to check and provide an update in next 2 days.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Sam Morris on #21397

Hi Brajesh – Sorry to bother, but I was wondering, have you had a chance to look any further into this issue?

And also, unrelated, is it possible to upgrade to an annual membership (prorated for the purchase of this plugin)? Or should I cancel/refund, and then sign up for the Membership. I will wait till this current issue is first resolved though (so I don’t lose support).

Thanks again,
    Sam

• Participant
    Sam Morris on #21404

Sorry…me again, but I’ve narrowed it down. The issue is being caused by having the tab checked for Profile Owner under Tab Visibility. When this is checked, the issue is being caused. So think of it like this (as is the case for my site)…I have a custom BP tab I;ve created thru your plugin that I call Favorites, which are the posts a user maintains for him/herself (includes a shortcode). No one else should be seeing this, as it’s personal. So for this new Favorites tab, under the Tab Settings/Tab Visibility, I only check the box for Profile Owner. Everything works/displays fine for now, as long as the profile owner is on his/her Buddypress page. But as soon as he/she goes somewhere else, like the home page, the menu link disappears. Now, if I additionally check the Tab Settings/Tab Visibility box for Everyone logged-in, it will work fine. However now, when user X goes and views the profile of user Y, it’s showing the tab for user Y’s Favorites (even though they don’t have access.

Getting closer, right?

Thanks again,
    Sam

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21405

Hi Sam,
    Thank you.

Please allow me to update the plugin. Will be releasing in next couple of hours and will be writing back.

PS:- About upgrading to our membership, I will be providing coupon to get the plugin price discounted from the membership cost.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21422

Hi Sam,
    Thank you for the patience. I have released 1.1.6 which fixes it. Your last post helped greatly to find and resolve the issue.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21423
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Sam Morris on #21426

HI Brajesh – The plugin fixes my problem. Thank you! And thanks for the membership upgrade discount code. All set with that too.

My last comment on the Profile Tab plugin (if you can bear it), is that hopefully you can find a way in the future to make the new tabs available to admins (and super admins). The last missing piece!

Sam

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Primary menu items not appearing on any pages other than Buddypress pages’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved