BuddyDev

Search

Private albums

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Youri on #32171

Hi, I noticed that when I set Friends Only privacy to a album it is not displayed at all for non-friend members. Is it possible to instead to display the album with a cover image telling that it’s a fiends only album. Seeing that a member has private albums for friends will encourage other members for social interactions and to ask for friendship. Any idea about how to do this ? Thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #32180

Hi Youri,
    Thank you for using MediaPress.

I am sorry, it is not feasible currently without code. The privacy is used on gallery query and removes the galleries from result before they can be rendered via the template loop.

A developer can filter of mpp gallery query and include the friends only privacy for non friends. It may break other places and I will suggest avoiding it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Youri on #32352

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you very much for you reply. I was wondering I could retrieve the displayed user friends only albums titles, so I can use them in the template loop to display a static non clickable cover for each hidden album. This way I will not touch to the gallery query.

The goal is still to let visitors to know that there are private albums for friends and then encourage them to ask for friendship. What do you think ?

Thanks and regards.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #32359

Hi Youri,
    Thank you for the reply.

yes, you can do that using MPP_Gallery_Query
    https://buddydev.com/mediapress/core/mpp_gallery_query/

You can pass the status as ‘friendsonly’

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved