BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Problem with Buddypress groups and Mediapress attachments

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Kim Martin on #14766

When adding an attachment to a post in a Buddypress group, no attachment shows up in the actual post. However, the media is uploaded to the Group’s wall gallery and is visible in the Media Library. This problem doesn’t happen on the main activity feed or individual user pages. They work fine.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14787

Hi Kim,
    Thank you for posting.

Are you using any specific plugin that affects the behaviour of group activity?

Also, if possible, please provide me a simple demo account to help quickly.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kim Martin on #14829

I am adding you now and will send you log in details and you should receive an email with password. The user name is your email. The only plugin we have specific to Groups is BuddyPress Group Email Subscription. Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14830

Hi Kim,
    Thank you. I have received the registration mail. The password is not being accepted. Can you please look into it.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14832

Hi Kim,
    The problem is BuddyWall plugin.

Please see the error.
    https://i.imgur.com/oA7139E.png

That plugin is throwing error on your site.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kim Martin on #14833

Okay. Interesting that it doesn’t interfere with the User post or the Activity ones. Is there any fix?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14834

The problem is coming because the wall plugin expects BP_DTheme object which is defined by the template pack.

It seems your theme is not loading it. You will need to look why the buddypress.js is not loaded.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kim Martin on #14860

Hi Brajesh. FYI, we resolved this by unchecking the Activity auto-refresh in the BuddyPress options. That’s what was keeping the buddypress.js from loading. https://buddypress.org/support/topic/buddypress-js-not-loading/

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14873

Hi Kim,
    Thank you for letting me know.

That’s good to know.

Best Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Problem with Buddypress groups and Mediapress attachments’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved