BuddyDev

Search

Problem with Conditional Profile Fields for BuddyPress on buddypress 4.1.0

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Nate on #20547

I am experiencing a weird issue with fields that have conditions set. Example, if I have a question with Yes or No and there is a following conditional field. When a condition is set, for example selecting Yes should open the conditional field. Here are the 2 strange problems. If a condition is set in this scenario (conditions set on following question) Original question will only show 2nd answer but not both Yes & No. If I moved say, yes to the second position then yes shows but will not open the conditional question when selected.

All other fields with radio or checkbox buttons display correctly with all choices if no condition is set at all.

I am also getting layout issues with smaller screen sizes. Questions will show radio button under the choices and not off to the side like normal. I’ve noticed that any screen smaller than 1920×1080 will display like this.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20554

Hi Nate,
    My apologies for the inconvenience.

It seems to me your theme is styling the checkbox/radios using javascript.

The Conditional profile fields does not work with custom checkboxes/radios. Please point me to your site and I can check and let you know if your theme is using styled checkboxes/radio or not.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nate on #20561

Here is one of them for the checkboxes. Within the first few questions will be a yes/No with only yes visible that has a condition set. https://expertaupair.com/au-pair-registration/

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20562

Thank you.
    Can you please disable the Perl header Builder plugin temporarily. It is throwing a javascript error and that may cause it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nate on #20563

done

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20564

Hi Nate,
    Thank you.

I a sorry but the plugin will not work. I am not sure if it is your theme or some plugin but the fields on registration form are not using the standard markup(editfield class and other classes etc). The plugin expects those standard classes to work around the condition.

Please try the same with the default WordPress theme and without other plugin modifying registration page.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nate on #20565

Okay, I’ll have to wait till after business hours. Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved