BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Problem with private galleries in Groups

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Venutius on #1287

This might be my misunderstanding of how the galleries work.

I’m trying to set up a gallery that can only be seen by members of that group. I set the gallery to private but only I can see the files, not any other group members.

Is that how t is supposed to work? I assumed setting the group to private and the content to private would mean only group members would see the content?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1288

Hi George,
    you should set the Privacy to “groups Only”. By setting a gallery private only admin/owner of the gallery can see that.

I left it as some admins may want to utilize this functionality, otherwise, this privacy type is not required for groups.

• Participant
    Venutius on #1289

That’s strange, I set it to group only but the members still can’t see the content.

• Participant
    Venutius on #1290

I’ve got it, each of the files is set to private as well

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1291

Yes, You are correct. When you uploaded the files, the defaulted to parent privacy. Please visit Gallery->Edit Media and there you can change the privacy in bulk.

It is 2 level privacy system for media but it default’s to parent privacy on upload.

• Participant
    Venutius on #1292

I could not see the bulk action for privacy change, seemed the only bulk action was delete.

One thing, the play button for audio is just a white rectangle, should it not be a black triangle > ?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1293

Hi George,
    You will need to select the privacy for each of the media on that page and click the update button at top/bottom to update all.

I too noticed the issue with buttons, It is a bug in BuddyPress template pack css and I will be reporting it to the,m. In the meantime, I will find the solution I have posted somewhere regarding the same and link you.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Problem with private galleries in Groups’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved