BuddyDev

Search

Problems When Viewing Gallery

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    overwatchpretenders on #16142

I am having some major problems when I click “view” on the gallery. My galleries are comprised entirely of external video links and when I use them, they appear much too large for the box and break the grid. Here’s an example: https://gyazo.com/0ab845aef26ba678f6ae68fc6b8618e2
    When I have multiple media items, they begin to overlap. I have tried everything I can to fix this. I’ve spent countless hours messing with the CSS and Mediapress settings to try to make it work but nothing makes it better. How can I fix this? Also is there an option to just use embedded video?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16144

Hi,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience.

There is an easy fix and CSS is not required at all.

1. The screenshot is from single gallery page(media list). We use ‘mid’ size’s dimension for listing remote videos on that page. It seems in you settings, the mid size is set too large.

Please change the size to say 300×200. Ut won’t fix the issue for existing videos(on the single gallery page). The reason is we are caching the oembed results using size name and change in size will not trigger(atleast for now ) any cache cleaning. You may want to search for “_mpp_oembed_content_mid” key in the posts meta table and delete it. That will force regenerate the media list.

2. All the remote media(oembed) is always loaded inside iframe. This is due to security reasons.

Please give the try to 1st and see if it works for you or not?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    overwatchpretenders on #16146

It sounds promising but how do I find the posts meta table to delete the “_mpp_oembed_content_mid” key? I’m a bit new to the plugin and WordPress in general. Thank you.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16148

Hi,
    Are you on a cpanel host? If you have never used the database queries earlier, I can do it for you. I will need temporary access to phpmyadmin though.

Please do note that the above is only required for old galleries(to clear cache, we are planning to provide a time bound expiry in future). For new galleries, the new sizes will be in effect immediately.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    overwatchpretenders on #16164

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem that any of the options work. It appears to be a site-specific problem with the external website that’s hosting the video, Mediapress doesn’t seem compatible with it. The videos are hosted on streamable.com. Perhaps in the future that could be added to the list of compatible websites or embedded video can become an option for Mediapress, that would simplify things greatly. Thank you for the help, I suppose I’ll just have my members use YouTube for now.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16172

Thank you for the details.
    I am sorry, I had assumed that you were using one of the oembed providers.

Since you are using

streamable.com

I can see that it does not support oembed.

I am not sure how this service works but it seems they link to direct url. I will give it a try next week and let you know the results.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved