BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Problems with redirecting after registration [code of Rajesh]

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Khol on #14242

Hello,

I need to resolve this problem more fast.

I have inserted the code present in this link: https://buddydev.com/buddypress/redirect-users-to-welcome-page-after-successful-registration-on-your-buddypress-based-social-network/#comment-1913974, but then the email after registration and the default message of Buddypress are hidden.

How delete this editing and reset the default options?

I can’t see the file bp-custom.php after saved.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14243

Hi Khol,
    Did you create a new bp-custom.php in your wp-content/plugins directory?

Also, did your email worked earlier? The code runs after the email gets sent, so It won’t have any effect on email.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Khol on #14245

Hi Brajesh,

yes, the email worked before I was created the bp-custom.php in wp-content/plugins directory. But now the file is missed from the directory and in same time the system after registration (email + buddypress default message) don’t work.

I don’t know how repair at this problem

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14246

Hi Khol,
    If the file is not in the wp-content/plugins directory then it won’t be loaded by BuddyPress. So, the code won’t apply in that case.

I will suggest installing a mail logging plugin and check in the admin if the mails were sent. That will give you a better idea of what is going on.

Hope that helps.

• Participant
    Khol on #14248

“mail logging plugin” how it can help me?

Do you know a plugin for repair the buddypress-plugin without remove all data?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14250

Hi Khol,
    The Mail logging plugin can help you troubleshoot if the mail is a problem on the MTA level or the sender program level.

Before you uninstall and reinstall, You need to know if it is really BddyPress or any extra code doing it or it is server.

If the mail logging shows the mail but the user does not receive it, You will need to contact the server admins for the same.

I have seen this issue that mail sent by WP not being recieved on users from same domain on so many hosts. It happens dues to security policies.

So, I will suggest you to first isolate the issue and then a solution can be found.

Also, enabling WP_DEBUG can give you more understanding too(But it will show all errors and not suggested for a live site)

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14251

Also,
    Uninstalling BuddyPress will not remove any data. They will remain safe and will be available when you reinstall it.

• Participant
    Khol on #14253

Hi Brajesh,

Emails are sent with WordPress default. I don’t have edit this parameters. Now I deactive the buddypress plugin and try the WordPress default registration.

The registration page of Buddypress has replaced page “register”. I don’t know if there are problems with the “registration.php” and “activation-php” because it seems to me that they are okay.

I hope to resolve beacuse my customer want a fast solution.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14254

Hi Khol,
    Thank you for clarifying.

Let us start from the beginning again:-

1. How did you insert the code(from where did you do that.

If you have put it in bp-custom.php, it must be in wp-content/plugins directory. Otherwise, it will not be loaded.

is there any chance that you put the code in theme’s functions.php?

I am sorry but my options are limited. Unless I know where have you put the change, I am unable to assist.

Please let me know as much detail as possible.

Thank you
    Brajesh.

• Participant
    Khol on #14256

I have followed your instruction. I created a new file “bp-custom.php” in wp-content/plugins.

When I have inserted the code, I wrong to insert the slug, because I write in the comment side instead of replace it with slug ‘welcome’.

Then I have saved. The file are present in the wordpress.

Just a moment after this, the file is missed and the problem of registration is started.

I have tried overwrite the file “bp-custom.php with a new file, with the right code inserted. But the problems stay here.

That’s all.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Problems with redirecting after registration [code of Rajesh]’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved