BuddyDev

Search

Process for autologin

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Fabrice BLIN on #24018

Hi
    I am using BP ajax registration with auto-activation and auto-login.
    When a new user register, his account is automatically activated and he is logged in automatically with option reload of the same page.
    I would like to know what is the process after a successful registration because I would like to set up goal conversion on Google Analytics.
    Google Analytics is asking for a URL page like a thank you page that means a new user has successfully registered.
    But with auto-activation and auto-login, what is the URL page I can use for Google analytics if I want to keep the option ‘reload the same page’ ?
    Thanks for your help.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24019

Hi Fabrice,
    Thank you for the question.

Since Google analytics is asking you for a specific page, you will need to setup redirection for that page after account activation. If you don’t, the analytics won’t track.

There can’t be 2 redirects on 1 activation. You can either keep reload page or redirect to specific page.

If you want to keep reloading the same page option, you will need to explore and see if Google Analytics allows updating goal data using JS API. If they do, I can trigger a javascript event when a user successfully registers. The code for updating GA Goals can subscribe to that event and mark the update.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved