BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Profile Completion complete removal

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Christopher Daw on #41268

I’m struggling with removing the BuddyPress Profile Completion plugin completely from my site. If I reinstall the plugin after deletion settings are saved from the previous install. I’m trying to troubleshoot why the plugin only works if I create extended profile fields after the plugin is activated. If I want to add a ‘required’ field after the the plugin is activated I have to deactivate it, delete the extended Field Set, reactivate the plugin then re-add the Field Set and all the fields including any new ones. After that, BuddyPress Profile Completion plugin will recognize when the required fields are filled.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41270

Hello Christopher,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Plugin settings remain there if you delete the plugin and you can update the settings anytime. Regarding required fields, I have tested the plugin on my local server when the plugin is activated the newly created required field condition will be tested before and the user needs to fill up the required field in order to continue.

Please share the video of your issue so that I can help You.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Christopher Daw on #41288

I’ve got it Completion plugin working by erasing the field set and reentering each members data. Not a great solution but if I don’t have to change my fieldset I’ll be alright for now. I’ll try to recreate the problem on a copy to get you a video.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41290

Hello Christopher,

The problem might be any other sort of conflict. Please do share the video of the issue if you face this again.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Christopher Daw on #41327
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41331

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for providing the video. As per the video is seems you are using the BuddyBoss field group repeater. Our current version of the plugin supports fields in the context of BuddyPress only. Sorry but I am not enabled to help you much with this issue. Please contact BuddyBoss they are in a better position to assist you with this.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Christopher Daw on #41383

No worries, I figured that would be the issue. Thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41388

Thank you for your support.

Regards
    Ravi

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Profile Completion complete removal’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved