BuddyDev

Search

Profile Completion plugin not recognizing to upload cover photo

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Daniel on #39415

Hi,

The Profile Completion plugin does recognize when the profile pic is not uploaded, but it doesn’t recognize when the cover photo isn’t uploaded. This means that the user can still navigate around without uploading the coverphoto.

I guess this is a bug to resolve?

Thanks.

Regards
    Daniel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39426

Hi Daniel

Thank you for reporting the issue.

is there any chance your theme is returning a default cover when no cover upload is done? We are falling back to this function bp_attachments_get_user_has_cover_image for checking if user has uploaded the cover(in case our meta is not set).

If a theme returns default cover, this may not work as expected.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Daniel on #39433

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for your answer.

I had set up a default cover which applies to every user after registering. Therefore this will be the reason why the plugin ignors the request. How can I delete the default cover in order that the function will work?

Fyi- when I am logged in with admin account and I upload a coverphoto, then there is a box which I can tick to: set cover photo as default cover photo for every new registered user, but there is no function to delete the coverphoto. Is this functin theme based and not BuddyPress based?

Thanks for your reply.

Regards
    Daniel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39436

Hi Daniel,
    Thank you.
    Yes, that seems to be the suspect.

The functionality is offered by theme(default cover). Please contact theme aiuthor to know how it can be removed.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved