BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] PROFILE TAB PRO: Incorrect Content Appears in Tab

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Known-Admin on #37254

Hi Brajesh,

Hate to bother you. I’ve read lots of posts (all the way back to the beginning of 2019) and I seem to be the only one having this problem and it’s so basic, I must be misunderstanding how the Profile Tab Pro works:

I am creating a NEW Sub-Nav tab for the EXISTING PROFILE > ACTIVITY tab (slug=activity). There are currently these sub-nav tabs: (Personal, slug=activity) (Likes, slug=favorites) (Connections, slug=friends), (Groups – slug=groups) (Mentions, slug=mentions) (Following, slug=following)

I want to add an “Activity Help” tab (slug=activity-help) at the END of all the other sub-nav tabs. But when I create the sub-nav tab, I can get it to only go to position #2, even when I set the position to 70 or 200.

When the new tab appears, I click it. It displays the content of slug=activity instead of slug=activity-help. Here are the settings. Anything not specified below is because I’m using the default values.

PROFILE TAB:
    TITLE: My Activities (this is the current profile tab name. It is not changing)
    SLUG: activity (I’m telling Profile Tab Pro which Profile tab’s sub-nav structure I need to edit, right?)
    IS ENABLED: Yes (still want the tab to show up)
    POSITION: 200 (If I specify nothing, it defaults to position #1. Not sure why we don’t have a position at the sub-nav level)

SUB NAV:
    IS ENABLED: Yes
    LABEL: Activity Help (this is the label for the new sub-nav tab I’m creating)
    SLUG: help-activity (this is the new slug for the new content)
    TAB SET for ALL USERS
    TAB VISIBILITY: ANYONE
    CONTENT: I will add help content here

I feel a little silly because it should be fairly simple and straight forward. I’m hoping the change to display a tab name when there is only one tab didn’t break anything. But I think that was for Group Tabs, not Profile Tabs.

Thank you,
    Dianne

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37267

Hi Dianne,
    I am sorry for the issue.

Please allow us to test and assist you in next 24- 48 hours.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37317

Hi Dianne,
    Thank you for the patience.
    I have tested it now. I do see the issue.

The problem is BuddyBoss platform does not load plugins.php template on activity page at all. For all other components, it does check current action and loads the plugins.php template if the action is not one of the core action. For activity page, It does not.

I am sorry but I will suggest avoiding adding sub tab to activity page or if you want, I can suggest some code change to achieve the same.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Known-Admin on #37322

Hi Brajesh,

I would like to try the code if you have it and know how I can implement it. But, if it is complicated, I might not be able to do it.

I do have a work around. I can create a whole new tab with all the help topics in sub-navs.

Thank you,
    Dianne

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37341

Hi Dianne,
    Thank you for the patience.

1. please create “buddypress/members/single/activity.php” file in your child theme and put the following content

https://pastebin.com/raw/2vj871F2

2. Now, please change the slug ‘help’, ‘test’ etc with the custom sub tabs. e.g ‘help-activity’ and it will work as expected.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Known-Admin on #37343
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Known-Admin on #37344
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37356
  • Participant
    Known-Admin on #37381
  • Participant
    Known-Admin on #37382

The topic ‘ [Resolved] PROFILE TAB PRO: Incorrect Content Appears in Tab’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved