BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Profile Visibility Manager Hide Friends List does not cover friends widget

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Bjoern on #3816

I see that the friends tab is removed when the user is setting this to “Only Me” but the user’s friends still nicely all show up in the widget area (User’s friends). Your plugin is not removing this widget for the case that the user does not want to show his friends. I could try to achieve the same result with some dynamic widget plugin but it would be more useful if your plugin would simply remove the friends widget according to the user’s settings so that for example only the user himself can see the active friends in the widget but not his profile visitors. – Thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3817

Hi BJoern,
    Thank you for posting.
    There are many friends widget plugin. Which one are you using?

I personally believe we should leave it out of the Profile Visibility as 3rd party plugins are dealing with it.

• Participant
    Bjoern on #3844

It’s not a separate plugin, i am using the friends widget that comes standard with buddypress. I just noticed that this widget only shows a certain number of friends and not the full list but still it would be nice to hide this budddypress widget for profile visitors so that only the user himself can see his own active friends. None of the dynamic widget plugins seem to be able to do that out of the box…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3845

Hi Bjoern,
    Thank you for the details here and I am sorry that I missed your yesterday’s mail.

I will give you the condition to put in widget logic but before that please let me experiment a little today and see if I can directly exclude it via the Visibility plugin itself.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Bjoern on #3850

Awesome thanks so much!

• Participant
    Bjoern on #3996

Are you going to include this in the plugin itself or do you have a logic for widget logic? Thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3999

Hi Bjoern,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply. We will have an update by early morning tomorrow(PST). I am trying to do it and a few more things(related to your other topic).

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4010

Hi Bjoern,
    I have fixed it in 1.3.4. Can you please check this?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Bjoern on #4011

I just upgraded the plugin. It successfully hides the friends widget but unfortunately messes up something with my theme in the header. I can’t upload a picture here so I will email you the picture. It shows [profile] [bp_core_friends_widget…] in the header and pushes my notification icons etc. I can’t use the upgrade like that so I have to go back to the previous version.

I don’t understand your decision to hide the group request button. How am people able to join the groups then and how are they supposed to know that there usually is a button. I really don’t think that this should be the way to go. The problem was that requests from people who hide their profile don’t show up for the admin. Just make the requests show up for the group admin. It’s just the request that shows up not the complete member profile, right? If the admin clicks on the hidden member name in the request then it just redirect back to the previous page or something like that. This is how your plugin works in the other cases. Hidden members are never completely hidden. Their names might show up in activity posts etc. It’s just that you can not visit their profile, meaning clicking in the profile redirects back. That’s how the group request should work. It should show up for the group admin and the hidden member should just either not be clickable or a click on the profile should revert to previous page or home page.
    I hope you understand.

Thanks so much.

• Participant
    Bjoern on #4012

Sorry I can’t send you the picture, there seems to be no way to attach a pic on your page…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved