BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Profile Visibility Manager Hide Friends List does not cover friends widget

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4137

Hi Bjoern,
    Please upgrade now. There is a proper fix available and I have tested.

PS: I tried the activity issue but could not generate that. Can you please recheck that?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Bjoern on #4144

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks so much for the update today. Yes it works now perfect. The group request properly show up for the admin even when the requesting user is not a friend and it has visibility to friends only. When admin tries to click on the requesting user it just redirects back to current user without revealing anything, which is the usual behavior. Very nice indeed!

When the group admin accepts that request an activity item is generated for the group members only, which says that the new user joined the group. When I hover over the new user name in that activity entry it links to the correct user. The avatar of new user is also correct but when hovering over the avatar it links to the respective group admin. It’s only a very minor issue and I don’t really care a lot about it. The usual behavior would be that the link of the avatar would be correct so that friends can successfully click on it. When non-friends click on it it would redirect to current user. Whenever you feel like it you may try to change it but as I said, I don’t really care because the activity only shows for group members…

Most important thing is that the group request now properly work. So thanks a lot for all your work!

Best regards,
    Bjorn

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4149

Hi Bjorn,
    Thank you.

I am glad the group request is fixed now.

I will be giving another try to the activity stream to see if I can reproduce it. If I can reproduce it, It will be super easy to fix.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved