BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Profile Visibility Manager v1.6.1 – Follow button?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Thorsten Wollenhöfer on #18528

Hi Brajesh,

I updated the plugin “Profile Visibility Manager” v1.6.1 with the formal German language for you and will send you the translation files by Email.

As I did the translation I’ve got notification of a “follower” button and you describe it in your version no 1.6.1:

Add support for the BuddyPress follow “Follow” button/action visibility. Site admins can enable the visibility and users can enable/disable follow.

But where can I find this button please?

Best regards,
    Thorsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18529

Hi Thorsten,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

The option is for compatibility with BuddyPress follow plugin
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-followers/
    https://github.com/r-a-y/buddypress-followers

If you have this plugin enabled, you can enable/disable option for users to let them select if they want others to follow them or not.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Thorsten Wollenhöfer on #18531

Hi Brajesh,

I visited the link and saw the plugin has not been updated for three years. It is not compatible with current WP and BP.

Or am I wrong?

Best regards,
    Thorsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18532

Hi Thorsten,

You are correct about the update. That’s why I linked to github too(which is updated regularly).

To Be honest, both the wporg version as well as the github version Works with current BuddyPress/WordPress. The wporg version lacks some features and may not be compatible with the Nouveau template pack.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Thorsten Wollenhöfer on #18535

Hello Brajesh,

Wow thank you. Downloaded from Github and will test it.

Best regards,
    Thorsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18537

All the best. Please do let me know how it goes.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Thorsten Wollenhöfer on #18541

Hi Brajesh,

I tested the plugin and it works. If someone does an update to his profile the follower doesn’t get this information by Email. The follower has to look into his sitewide activity and has to tick the tab who he follows if he wants to see whats new to the people he follows.

Am I right?

Best,
    Thorsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18557

Hi Thorsten,
    1. If someone does an update to his profile the follower doesn’t get this information by Email – Yes, you are right about that.

2. The follower has to look into his sitewide activity and has to tick the tab who he follows if he wants to see whats new to the people he follows. – It is not needed. The users can see it from their profile->Activity->Following sub tab.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Thorsten Wollenhöfer on #18581

Hi Brajesh,

Yes thank you, that is what I found out. For this I find your plugin “Facebook Like User Activity Stream” much better and more useful.

Best regards,
    Thorsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18584

Thank you.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Profile Visibility Manager v1.6.1 – Follow button?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved