BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Profile Visibility Plugin – "List in members directory" also affects groups

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Bernard Michaels on #32575

Hi BD team,

I hope you are going well. I’ve discovered that when setting List in members directory option to No in the Profile Visibility Plugin, it will also affect the visibility of the user in the groups they are a member of -> example/.com/group-name/members/all-members tab of Buddyboss.

As a result the user is hidden from both the global members directory, and all group members directories of which they are a member.

Is it possible to isolate this function to only affect the members directory, but still have visibility in the groups of which the user is a member? This is when using with Buddyboss Platform.

Thanks in advance,

Bernard

• Participant
    Bernard Michaels on #32576
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #32594

Hi Bernard,
    We are aware of the search issue and there is fix in progress for resolving it.

The group members, we were not aware. Please allow me to put an update for it by tomorrow.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #32643

Hi Bernard,
    Thank you for the patience.

Please upgrade to 1.8.4

It fixes the visibility in private/hidden groups and also adds compatibility with BuddyBoss global search.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Bernard Michaels on #32730

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you very much for your response and following up for me. This all works great. Could I ask, is it possible to extend the visibility to public groups in Buddyboss as well (to exclude from global /members directory, but still be visible in public group/members?

I understand if not due the the way BB members is different to BP.

Thanks again Brajesh and team. Much appreciated. 🙂

Have a great day,

Bernard

• Participant
    Bernard Michaels on #32731
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Ioannis Katantonakis on #50537

I need the opposite functionality. When a user select Only Me, then I need the profile to be hidden both on Members Directory and on the Groups Member directory. Is there any way to achieve that?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Ioannis Katantonakis on #50538

Please ignore – it is working fine

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50560

Thank you.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Profile Visibility Plugin – "List in members directory" also affects groups’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved