BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Profile Visibility Plugin not showing new members

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Bernard Michaels on #30887

Hi BD team,

Thanks in advance for your help. I’m having a small issue with my Profile Visibility plugin and Buddyboss group members not showing up in the Groups Members lists. When I add new members to the group, they are hidden when the group page loads. The counter to show how many members of the group starts at 10, for example, but then reduces to 8 when the page loads and the 2 new members are hidden. When I deactivate the Profile Visibility Plugin the members return, and when I reactivate the members disappear again.

I have tried resetting all default settings, including making all members visible to everyone, however the problem persists. I’ve deactivated all other plugins to isolate the issue to Buddyboss 1.4.2 and Profile Visibility Manager 1.8.2.

Thanks again,

Bernard

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #30888

Hello Bernard,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please share your settings so that I can test it quickly.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Bernard Michaels on #30889

Hi BD team,

I have looked into it some more and I believe I might have identified specific parts of the issue. It appears that the privacy settings in the Profile Visibility Plugin are permanent when the new user is created do not change later when I change the default settings in the plugin. As a result the users who were created with additional privacy are not showing up in the groups when the default settings are set to open. When I created new users with more visible settings, the users are showing up. 🙂

Is there a way to change/repair the default profile settings for all existing users as well as new users?

Additionally, the profile visibility is working perfectly for @mentions! Thank you so much!! At this stage it doesn’t appear to also sync with the message search, so the permissions are either set to visible, or not visible but don’t check if the user is in the same group. As a result users can still be found through messages by all users when they have their privacy set to groups only.

Thanks again,

Bernard

• Participant
    Bernard Michaels on #30890
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #30911
  • Participant
    Bernard Michaels on #30918
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30935
  • Participant
    Bernard Michaels on #30953
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30960
  • Participant
    Bernard Michaels on #30969

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Profile Visibility Plugin not showing new members’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved