BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Public media upload

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Mike Daugherty on #4528

If you look at my Add Media page (carguysandgals.com/add-media) in the drop down ‘Please select a gallery’ is there a way to limit the galleries to only those showing? Of course, I am assuming as galleries are added they will all populate in this drop down. Also, can I set an order to those galleries in the drop down?

Thanks,

Mike

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4531

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for posting. It seems you are using the upload shortcode.
    I am sorry but I could not understand this line

is there a way to limit the galleries to only those showing

Can you please tell me what do you mean by them?

Yes, you can override the order by overriding a template file. Let me help you with the first question and then I will help with it.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mike Daugherty on #4533

Hi Brajesh,

It’s been awhile since we corresponded. The placement of the upload page (http://carguysandgals.com/add-media/) on my site is specifically for uploading media to specific public galleries. You can see this at Community/Public Galleries from my menu on carguysandgals.com . For that particular page, I would like to limit the gallery selection dropdown to just those 8 galleries, if possible, without limiting its functionality elsewhere.

Am I right about that list populating with all galleries created? If so, you can probably understand how cumbersome that would get in this particular usage.

Thanks,

Mike

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4534

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for the details.

The list is not populated by all the galleries. Instead, It only shows the galleries of current user(If the user have galleries).

That is the default behavior.

• Participant
    Mike Daugherty on #4535

Brajesh,

Well, that’s not good. Do you have a solution for public uploads to specific galleries keeping in mind that my menu space is limited? In other words, I don’t have room to layout upload pages for each of the 8 galleries using the shortcode with the gallery ID number.

Thanks,

Mike

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4536

Hi Mike,
    I am sorry but I am missing if we had provided you any code for allowing all users to upload?
    By default a user can only upload to his galleries or his groups galleries.

It is possible to allow users to upload to any gallery though. So, I need to know if you have this thing setup. Also, Are you using sitewide gallery for this?

If it is not setup, not an issue, we can always provide the code.

• Participant
    Mike Daugherty on #4537

Brajesh,

I do have Sitewide Gallery set up. You did give me some shortcodes for uploading, but I am having troub;e remembering exactly how they work. I seem to remember that I could set up a page for public uploading to any single gallery using the gallery ID.

I understand the default user permissions.

Thanks,

Mike

• Participant
    Mike Daugherty on #4558

Brajesh,

Any solutions for this?

Thanks,

Mike

• Participant
    Mike Daugherty on #4560

Hey Brajesh,

I decided to use another app for the public galleries. Thank for your help.

Mike

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4576

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for letting me know. I am happy that you found a solution for now. We are working on collaborative gallery addon and soon MediaPress will have it as a supported feature too.

Marking the thread as resolved.

regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved