BuddyDev

Search

Pugin Idea – Allow certain users to a larger quota each month

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Adam on #5823

Hello,

I am creating premium users in the next month or so on my website and one of the features I would eventually like to include would be allowing certain users (premium users) the ability to have a larger quota each month for uploading photos. This way everyone can still upload but if you want to share EVERYTHING, you would be have to be premium.

Realistically, how tough would this to build and time wise AND/OR how much would it cost someone to custom develop it for me?

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5861

Hi Adam,
    Thank you for posting.

In order to decide, It needs a few details:-
    1. What criteria will be used for allocating space(how we decide)
    2. Will the members loose space if they opt out?

Are you using any 3rd party plugin for membership?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Adam on #5862

Hello,

1) If you are a free member you get (Examples) 100MB of upload per month, if you are premium you get 1000MB OR if you are free member you get 1 upload per day, if you are premium you get 20 uploads per day – assuming the first option would be easier and cheaper to design

2) They members would lose the space at the end of their billing cycle if they opt out

I am not currently using any 3rd party plugins for memberships as I am still seeking my best option for one.

Thank you!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5882

Hi Adam,
    Once you have decided on the membership plugin, Please post back with the details and we will provide you a proper quote. At the moment, the details are not sufficient to decide on the time.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Adam on #5933

Hello,

I think the membership plugin I am going to go with is “Simple Membership”.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5955

Thank you. I will explore this plugin coming weekend.

• Participant
    Adam on #5967

Thanks Brajesh.

Let me know as soon as you do please and thank you. Looking to get this potentially on the feature list for November’s updates.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved