BuddyDev

Search

QR Code Xprofile Field

Tagged: ,

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Quint A. Rahaman, Jr. on #45724

Hello Brajesh,

This may be an off-the-wall question but since you created the Xprofile field plugin, I thought I’d run it by you.

GravityWiz (https://gravitywiz.com/documentation/gravity-forms-qr-code/) has just added a perk that allows the generation of a QR code in connection with a Gravity form.

When the form is submitted, a QR code is generated. I would like it to be saved to a yet-to-be-created Xprofile field for that member.

My use case is simple. When a pickleball player has just finished a match, they pull up (from my site), a form to quickly record their interim score. The idea is that whomever has pulled up the form will scan the QR code of the opponent and/or other players, which will retrieve the Xprofile data (first name, etc) for accuracy. Thus the form is populated with the players credentials, and then the scores are entered.

This would be in lieu of manually searching for the BuddyBoss member or manually adding an email (for non-members).

1. Is it possible to create an Xprofile field that would be used to house QR code(s)?

2. For existing members, is it possible to create the QR code automatically and add it to the member’s profile?

Quint

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45751

Hi Quint,
    Thank you.

1. I am expecting that you create an image(URL field, it is not available in BuddyPress/BuddyBoss currently) and link to the generated QR of the form.

2. You can certainly do it suing xprofile_set_field_data after the generation of the qr code image.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved