BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Question about Blog Categories For Groups setting

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19922

Hi BIN,
    Thank you for the patience.

1. User must select category on create screen:- Sorry, you can not force this behaviour. Once the user goes pass step 1 on group create, even if they do not create any other step, the group will be created.

Still, I can add the validation with update.

2. Do not let Blog admins disable blog:- Thank you. I am adding it as an option in the BuddyBlog dashboard settings.

3. The current group blog list is in full image and full article:- It should not show complete article. We are using the_excerpt() and should show the excerpt only. For the post thumbnail, It will show the default post thumbnail size.

You can modify this behaviour by copying blog-categories-for-groups/templates/bcg/posts.php to yourtheme/bcg/posts.php

I will suggest to hold this change till my next update though(In case we needed to modify the template).

4. Now all articles published by different group admin but who join the same directory are listed together. It has a simple fix. We are storing the group id with the posts. I will update the group posts query to do it automatically for you.

5.I have found other issue . I allowed group admin to ” Unpublish, Edit ,Delete the article…

That is not a bug. Since you are the admin, you are seeing ubpublished post in the list. Also, try checking the same with the normal user account who can not update article status.

It is editing in the dashboard:- Again, we ask for who can edit a post in the backend. Admin has this ability by default. I will add an option in the plugin settings to avoid this confusion.

Now, you may be wondering when can you get an update:- I will push it by Moday or early. These are some needed enhancements. I may be able to add the documentation for modifying posts list by then(or the documentation may take a few more days but the plugin update will be available by Monday, 7th January)

PS:- I am going to do a few more modifications and I will suggest removing the above two code snippets as they filter on default WordPress terms list. I will be providing plugin specific alternative.

Thank you
    BRajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20024

Hi BIN,
    Thank you for the patience.

I have updated the plugin. Please upgrade to 1.3.0 from here
    https://buddydev.com/plugins/blog-categories-for-groups/

1. User must select category on create screen :- Now it is enforced. The users are required to select terms.

2. Do not let Blog admins disable blog: – Please visit Dashboard->Settings->Blog Categories for Groups and for the option “Allow group admin to disable blog tab?” set “No”.

4. Now all articles published by different group admin but who join the same directory are listed together. :- Fixed. It will only list articles from current group now.

5. You can disable this behaviour now. For the option “Disable group blog post edit link leading to dashboard?” . Set it to “Yes”.

Hope that helps.

Thank you
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Question about Blog Categories For Groups setting’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved