BuddyDev

Search

Question about BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    imborx on #29080

Hi,

I would like to set a number by default in a profile custom field and dont let the user to edit it. How can I do it? For example, add a field like this: Health = 10

Also, is there any way to increment that number value with a hook? Like if user has role “editor” or profile type “xxx”: value+1

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29082

Hi,
    This is not doable with the plugin. BuddyPress does not support the concept of default values for profile data.

If a user does not save a value for a field, BuddyPress will not consider that field to be associated with the user.

technically this is doable by automatically saving the data on profile edit etc but neither BuddyPress nor the plugin offers it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    imborx on #29088

Hi Brajesh,

So its not posible to set a default value neither with custom code? is there any solution for what I’m looking for?

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29110

Hi,
    yes, It is certainly doable. You will need someone to write custom code for you. I am assuming it should take around 30 mins or more which is beyond what we offer as support here.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    imborx on #29111

Hi Brajesh,

If its more that the support that you offer here which I totally understand, would be posible to have a premium plugin for that? I’ll pay for it and I think it could be really interesting for other users. This allow to give some customization and gamification for each member.

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29112

Hi,
    Thank you.

Please get in touch.
    https://buddydev.com/buddypress-custom-plugin-development-service/

Please make sure to provide more details about the functionality(List all features you need and we will get back to you.).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    imborx on #29113

Perfect, I already sent it 🙂

Thanks Brajesh.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29137

Thank you.

The topic ‘Question about BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved