BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Question about css tag

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    David on #31116

I read the rules but this question has to do with the css tag #buddypress. Should I go to their forum ? I did go there a few days ago but got no response what so ever.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31124

Hi David,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

We will assist you if you are not using a custom theme. If you are using a custom theme, I will suggest getting help from theme authors.

What kind of help you are looking for?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David on #31131

I am using the default template pack bp-nouveau and I noticed the tag #buddypress plastered all over the place in the min.css file I want to know if I can remove this and still have the template work fine ?.

I don’t have anything against bp I just want to make it harder for security reasons. I don’t want to use a custom theme if possible.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31140

Hi David,
    Thank you for the question.

You can remove #buddypress from the css file. It is used to provide higher specificity for applied css.

If you remove it, some of the elements may not appear as expected if the theme ‘s css gets higher specificity. In that case, you can rewrite css for that part.

In my opinion, removing #buddypress from css is not much of a security as it is still visible as part of the markup. A more suitable option is to keep the plugins updated to avoid issues.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David on #31254

One last question related to this if that’s ok. I want to rename buddypress.min.css to style.min.css. Do you know if the references are just in the buddypress-functions.php located in the bp-templates folder in order to do this ?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31257

Hi David,
    Yes, you can.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David on #31286

So the only references I need to change are in the buddypress-fuctions.php file ?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31297

Hi David,
    yes. that’s correct.

• Participant
    David on #31398

Great thanks a bunch.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31406

You are weclome.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Question about css tag’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved