BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] question about editing posts

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Kathy Geisler on #30574

I have a question about editing posts that have multiple images in them.

If I first add multiple images, for example 9, the buddyboss feed lays the images out in some kind of masonry. If I post the images then go back and edit to add text, the layout changes. I’m wondering if this is necessary, if it possible to keep the original layout when adding text.

If I write the text before saving the images, the text has a field above the images and does not disturb the order or the layout of the images.

If I use the edit plugin after adding the images I have to move the images down in order to add the text and this changes the layout.

Also, if I post the images, save the post, go to edit but don’t do anything, the images also lose their layout.

So just the edit window alone disturbs the layout. I’m wondering if it is possible to not have this happen. Thank you

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30577

Hi Kathy,

We should not be allowing editing of a post containing uploaded media via the emdia component.

Please allow me couple of hours to look into it and update you.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30595

Hi Kathy,
    I have tested it.

The problem seems to happen when there is no content in the initial update and only media is attached. If there is come content written with the media, Then it works(as it seems to me).

I have looked and a proper solution for the time is to allow editing posts with media and content but if there is only media, we should not allow editing.

reason, media is not stored as content of the post. It is dynamically attached to post and by modifying it, we are breaking the layout.

I will be releasing an update in next few hours.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30689

Hi Kathy,
    I have released an update today. please upgrade.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] question about editing posts’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved