BuddyDev

Search

Question about the possibility to send messages

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Alison on #41239

Hello,

I saw that there was the possibility with Buddypress to have a private messaging. In other words, users can send messages to each other. I don’t see this feature when I’m logged in, can you tell me more?

Thank you

• Participant
    Princy Cromacio on #41242

Hi Alison,
    You Can Access Private Messaging By Visiting Messaages Tab in Your Buddypress Profile.
    Private Message Button will Also Be Visible on Profile of Other members from Your Community.

If You Can’t See These,
    There’s A Possibility that Private Messaging Component for Buddypress is Disabled By Default.
    Just Visit Your Admin Dashboard–> Settings–> Buddypress and Enable the Private Messaging Component.

Hope that Helps.. 🙂
    Cromacio

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41251

Hello Alison,

Please do check the things as suggested by @princy. Thank you @princy for your support.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Alison on #41257

Hello,

Thank you for that. There is a way to send notifications (and/ or emails) when the user has new messages ?

If I have a new message, will a bubble with marked “1” appear in the “message” field or something like that?

Thank you

• Participant
    Alison on #41259

Moreover, I would like to know if something its possible. I use PMPRO and I would like to allow my level 1 and level 2 users to send messages to each other and users 3 and 4 to be able to message each other. On the other hand, I would like that only users 3 and 4 can start a discussion with levels 1 and 2. That is to say that as long as users 1 and 2 have not received a message from users 3 and 4 they cannot contact them. Is it possible ?

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41263

Hello Alison,

BuddyPress by default send a notification to the user. With the case of email, BuddyPress does send an email notification for new messages to the user only if the user has opted in for the email.

For your second requirement with PMPRO, it has a BuddyPress addon that offers certain BuddyPress restrictions based on PMPro levels but it might not have the functionality you are looking for.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/pmpro-buddypress/

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Alison on #41266

Ok,

Thank you for that I will check it

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved