I saw the following plugin: Blog Categories for Groups Plugin. I’m wondering if this plugin and the Simple Front End Post combination will help me replace my current group blogs implementation.
I use Categories to create group blogs. It takes six plugins to accomplish this. This is a lot of expense and bloat on my site. One of the plugins releases updates at least 2 or 3 updates a week, which costs me a lot of time in testing and bug reports. Your plugins seem to be more stable!
I need the following capabilities:
• Create a front-end form that my Members can use.
• Define fields that are normally used to create blog posts: Title, Description, Featured Image, Add Image to post, Publish Date, and Category
• A Date Picker is used to select a Publish Date.
• Members can upload images, documents, and video links.
• Assign the same front-end form to multiple groups by just changing the category.
• Hide the category on the front-end form. The ADMIN will assign the category on the form but hide the category field from the Member. Members cannot view or change it.
• Create a group’s blog archive sorted by date or title or author.
• Create the single page and archive page layouts using Elementor
I present a Group Tab with links to several different group pages. I plan to continue to use BuddyPress Group Tabs Creator Pro to do this. I don’t want a new tab to automatically be created.
Finally, I currently use BuddyPress Extended User Groups Widget to list all the posts for groups that an individual Member belongs to. I’m assuming I will still need this plugin as well. If the new plugin does this, please let me know.
I know that this is a ton of detail, and it may be difficult to envision what it looks like. I can give you credentials to my site so that you can look at the implementation before you answer.
I love your plugins and would love to use more of them to support you and to limit the number of developers and plugins on my site.
NoN Universe Administrator
- Brajesh Singh on May 23, 2022 at 8:16 pm #45062
I sincerely appreciate your kindness and support.
Thank you for the questions and your interest in the plugin.
At the moment, The blog categories and simple front end posts have limited capability and will not suit your need without extra code.
I will suggest waiting a little longer as we may be bringing something better in couple of months with BuddyBlog pro.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.