BuddyDev

Search

Random Friends of Friend Suggesty Pro

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    dave01 on #36521

Can you make the friend suggest random so that all the users dont have almost the same list of friends suggest?

My site is showing say 10 people, but everyone has the 10 people.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36523

Hi Dave,
    Thank you for using it.

Sure we can. Can you please tell me why all the suggestions are same for everyone? Is it desired result or is it some kind of issue?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    dave01 on #36524

I think the plugin just runs the same for everyone. so if i say let your city match the other persons city, it does not randomise the results, i think the plugin just gets maybe the most popular people in can find. so it will be the same result

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36531

Hi Dave,
    Thank you.

Please allow us to put an update in next 2-3 days to randomize the result on each page load.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    dave01 on #36535

Sure – that would work. thanks for the quick support

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #36580

Hello Dave,

I have updated the plugin. Please upgrade your plugin and give it a shot. Please do let me know if it works or not.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    dave01 on #36647

Hi Thanks Ravi

Unfortunaltey it does not work. it just randomises the 10. SO everyone still gets almost the same list so Ravi if you are on a list of say 2000 people. and the 2000 people refresh, they still get you on their list, which means you could get 2000 friend requests.

• Participant
    dave01 on #36649

it is taking the top newest members and randomizing it. it should take the whole list randomize it then display the 10 from that random list

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36660

Hi Dave,
    Do you have a staging site? If yes, Can you please grant us temporary admin access to check why the list is not fetching correct results.

That will help us assist you better.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved